Marketing Content Project Manager
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Requisition Number: 966
Position Title: Project Manager I
Project Managers at Burton play a critical role in our brand’s Marketing efforts. PMs are responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the completion of projects within Burton’s marketing plan on time, on budget, and within scope. Project Managers hold a lead role in driving work through all 5 project phases (initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure). This role relies on the coordination of work across multiple teams in a dynamic setting and requires a delicate balancing act of process rigor with creative agility.
The Content Project Manager will focus on leading the portfolio of projects geared to support all of our consumer-facing product content, including managing the creation of our seasonal & closer-to-market product descriptions, translations, and coordination of the timing and delivery of eComm photo/video assets across our owned and 3rd party tools. Included in this role is the ongoing maintenance of in-season product copy and imagery issues. This role will report into the Global Director of Marketing Project Management and will be working directly with our Product team, Studio team, Web Merchandisers, Web Development, Consumer Direct Creative team, and various global stakeholders across Product and Marketing.
The Content Project Manager will oversee concurrent content projects as well as balance maintenance and ongoing support. This work is dynamic and requires quick response, and process orientation. This role will be responsible for initiating the work, clarifying business and content requirements, setting clear workback schedules, working with subject matter experts to breakdown tasks, setup & maintain content within our tools and communicate project milestone communications. This role will need to be obsessed with product details, have a solid foundation of project management skills, and able to easily navigate different tools.
This will be a global position and will work closely with our global/regional team in Vermont and will work remotely with our regional counterparts in Europe and Japan.
What You Get to Do:
- Establish and manage project schedules and manage a collective view of the ops content portfolio; monitoring and reporting progress on a regular basis
- Initiate the content creation process for seasonal and closer-to-market products; working closely with stakeholders to clarify business and technical requirements
- Successfully kickoff seasonal content creation by coordinating schedules across multiple teams and detailing out event materials and logistics
- Work closely with subject-matter expert teams to ensure coordinated workstreams are running smoothly and provide status updates as work progresses
- Setup copy creation jobs and ready the product data for our copy teams
- Review, refine and fix product data issues as needed across tools to ensure product data integrity
- Manage review and revision rounds, ensuring feedback is clear and concise for appropriate parties
- Setup and manage translation process from start to finish
- Prep and deliver final content by uploading to our tools
- Communicate project milestones to project teams and key stakeholders
- Manage product content issues as they arise in-season, working directly with subject-matter experts to address the issues and deploy across our tools; communicating updates as necessary
- Partner closely with our studio team to help maintain a schedule for eComm image/video asset creation & deliveries, and provide regular status updates to stakeholders
- Partner closely with Product team to help maintain an accurate view of product availability, and provide regular status updates to stakeholders
- Manage content creation & translation budgets and vendor relationships
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- 3-5 years Project Management experience
- 1-3 years experience within a Marketing or product environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to details and technicalities
- Excellent organizational and technical skills
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking skills and a positive, people-oriented attitude.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Experience with Smartsheet, Teams, PIM tools, is a plus!
More Info to Seal the Deal:
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more…
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired.
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Content Project Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.