Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Requisition Number: 990
Position Title: Executive Assistant
We are seeking a highly organized, resourceful, efficient, bright and motivated individual with strong judgment, integrity and a sense of humor to support the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO). The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer. The department of the CSO is comprised of global strategy, customer insights and purpose & impact.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment and exercise excellent judgment in proactively prioritizing work while maintaining a full range of administrative duties.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and effectively manage work of a confidential nature. Have fun at work and help others to do the same!
- Thoughtfully and proactively managing and maintaining the complex calendar and scheduling of the CSO, including travel and conferences, business meeting and personal appointment management - ensuring proper documents and presentation materials are prepared, and completing meeting summaries and notes (where required).
- Work closely and efficiently with the CSO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follow up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CSO updated. Track the CSO’s tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization with respect to deadlines and organizational developments.
- Liaison with the greater SMA team to ensure department is aware of latest happenings and to partner with administrative peers for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Help ensure requests are responded to in a timely manner, using superb judgment to assist and make decisions with minimal supervision. Open, sort, and distribute correspondence. Compose and prepare correspondence for the CSO. Organize and administer department communications.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CSO office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support. Liaise across major departments to ensure efficient delivery of required/requested information and follow up on outstanding items.
- Greeting subordinates, visitors, vendors, interviewers and media … and determining access to CS. Maintain networking and public speaking opportunities and contacts for the CSO
- Manage the budget process for the CSO. Complete expense reports on the CSO’s behalf. Prepare PO’s and maintain records upon request
- Assist with projects, including document and presentation preparation when appropriate. Develop presentations, templates, graphics and charts at the highest professional standards. Edit, proofread and print key materials as needed for the CSO.
- Anticipate follow-ups and proactively manage upcoming needs of the CSO.
- Monitor and aid regular personnel reviews, appraisal and mentoring meetings
- Maintenance of employee holiday, time off and sick leave records in CSO’s calendar.
- Work with People and Culture on team training and recruitment. Organize onboarding of new employees
- Work with Legal on all new vendor paperwork and contracts
- Ensure operation and supplies of office equipment, and order maintenance when necessary. Troubleshoot malfunction of office equipment.
- Organize, execute and assist with team calendar and activities (staff meeting agendas, all hands, off-sites, and other team events). Champion and expand creative team traditions and activities to support a positive team culture.
- Set up and maintain department file structure on Microsoft One drive and Teams channels.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Excellent judgment, problem solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Experience with heavy calendar management, coordination and meeting planning.
- The ideal candidate will have a bias for action and the ability to think proactively and strategically, while anticipating needs.
- Demonstrated and well-developed skills and experience across: problem-solving, detail orientation, professionalism, excellent verbal/written communication, high degree of confidentiality, discretion, good judgment and technological savvy. Demonstrate poise and tact when under pressure.
- Sense of humor, composure and the drive to foster and fun and positive team environment is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm in ambiguous and ever-changing situations while acting flexible under tight deadlines.
- Excellent time-management and priority-setting skills with a passion for organization. Ability to work independently, multi-task, and be resourceful with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Seek to creatively design, implement, or improve work processes and proactively resolve issues and conflicts
- Enjoy problem-solving, working collaboratively with others and building effective working relationships
- Ability to accept accountability for outcome and results, and to seek/act upon constructive feedback
- Naturally enjoy working to make other’s lives easier
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant preferred.
- Experience with executive level calendar management
- Experience with Microsoft Office 360 products – expert used in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled at creating, editing, formatting and proofing documentation.
More Info to Seal the Deal:
Burton’s benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more…
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired.
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Assistant
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burlington, Vermont US
CountryEEOText_Description: The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.